Is an idiot. He or she (I’m being marginally discreet) regularly forwards emails warning of dire consequences of using some product or service. “Authorities” cited are of dubious credibility if not downright fictional. Many of these emails originate from the 80s or early 90s and were debunked ages ago.
- Cell phones cause brain cancer
- (Then candidate) Obama wasn’t born in the US, doesn’t have US birth certificate
- Microwaving food in plastic containers releases dangerous toxins (okay, this has some validity, but nothing so drastic as the email suggested)
- #77 connects you to the state highway patrol (this one came with a rapist scare story to make it more … scary)
- Tampons and sanitary pads contain asbestos and cause Toxic Shock Syndrome
There’s more of course, but these are the ones that stick out in my mind.
This person is otherwise reasonably intelligent and is college-educated. But when it comes to alarmist emails, common sense just flies out the window. And clogs up my inbox.