I am off work from now through the end of the year, nearly two weeks. I always schedule myself for time off between Christmas and New Year’s. This year, since Christmas and New Year’s fall on Tuesdays, the Company gave us all a little Christmas bonus of free “holiday bridge” days on the preceding Mondays. Since I already scheduled that time for vacation, I got to tack on a couple more vacation days. So, 13 days before I go back to work.
This is the time I like to use for household organization and catching up with little chores that have fallen by the wayside. I make myself an ambitious to-do list that I never complete.
Repair fingerless gloves – reknit one finger, sew new leather onto the palm of right glove, sew down leather on left glove where it’s coming loose Clean up my room – lots of papers to organize; hopefully I’ll find my missing USB thumb drivenever did find that thumb drive
- Finish knitting Craftsman Jacket – ha! As if
Complete and mail Avid PetTrac forms for Rufus & Nefertiti Match up plastic lids & containers – an annual project; where do those lids go?
- Set up a regular automated backup schedule for home computer
- Put pictures of Rufus & Nefertiti on web site
Put up more pictures of Zoe on web site Fix some dumb little goober on the web site that I hope no one has noticed
- Update paper & online resumes – no, I’m not looking for a job, but I’ve been with the Company 2-1/2 years and I think it’s just good policy to keep a resume up to date
- Flesh out my LinkedIn profile
Update Mo Duk Pai web site – I’ve got lots of material people have sent for events in the coming year
That covers it for now. I’m sure I’ll think of something else. Oh yes, drink lots of beer and read lots of books.