This year I am inaugurating a personal Christmas tradition: an annual re-reading of Hogfather by Terry Pratchett. It’s one of my favorites among the Discworld series, and well worth revisiting this time of year.
Some year I will re-read Winter’s Tale by Mark Helprin, a suitable book for the end of the year.
Another glorious year’s worth of books in which to wallow in.
Books I gave E
- Reservation Blues Sherman Alexie
- Hullabaloo in the Guava Orchard Kiran Desai
- Rejection Collection ed. Matthew Diffee
- The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loanna Umberto Eco, Geoffrey Brock
- The Road to Dune Brian Herbert, Kevin J. Anderson
- Thunderstruck Erik Larsen
- Shalimar the Clown Salman Rushdie
Books E gave to me
- The Tent Margaret Atwood
- New York Trilogy Paul Auster
- Team of Rivals Doris Kearns Goodwin
- Gate of the Sun Elias Khoury, transl. Humphrey Daview
- Rumo & His Miraculous Adventures Walter Moers
- My Dream of You Nuala O’Faolain
- All Men are Brothers Shi Nai’an, Luo Guanshong, transl. Pearl S. Buck
An intriguing little book from my friend Denise
- Sun, Moon & Earth Robin Heath
Lastly, I leave you with this insightful little essay concerning The War on Hanukkah